Latest Chenrezi Teachings:      July 12, 2005  and July 5th, 2005

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Wheel of Life

The Wheel of Life illustrates the essence of the Buddhist teachings, the Four Truths: the existence of earthly suffering, its origin and cause, the ending or prevention of misery and the practice path to liberation from suffering.

In this clip Murray Gordon, a long term member of Sakya Monastery of Tibetan Buddhism and Director of the Virupa Educational Institute gives a brief teaching about The Wheel of Life.

5 Comments:
At 8:02 PM, Blogger hcfoo said...

It is absolutely educational to put up vlogs like this. Really appreciate for all the efforts done.

I'm delighted that I found this blog. In fact, I took my refuge vow in the late 80s (if I'm not wrong) under H.H. Dagchen Rinpoche when he was in Malaysia.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way you used transitions to focus on different parts of the paintings.

You can improve your audio with an off camera mic or lapel mic.

The colors came out really well on this video!

-Bre

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! :)

The painting is absolutely HUGE, so I wanted to get some of the closeups so that people could actually see the bits of the paintings.

As for the audio, it was recorded RIGHT after Rinpoche's birthday celebration, so we were kind of in a hurry to get everything recorded so we could go downstairs and join in the celebrations, and then I put everything together over the next few hours. Had I a little more time, I would have set up the lapel mics, so count on it with the next one! :)

For me, the best thing about recording these is that they're actually rather educational, since I'm learning about things I didn't actually know. :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good. Though, would there be any chance for any other Schools of Buddhism?

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home